Category Archives: Troubleshooting

Failing Forward: EGit Plugin for Eclipse

I’m not sure why our original method of installing the EGit plugin failed, but I’ve found some alternative directions which will hopefully help those who do not have the plugin (with the GitHub connector) installed. To check if you have everything already, go to the “Git Repository Exploring” perspective in Eclipse and click “Clone a Git Repository” If you can select “GitHub” as a repository source you should be good! If not, try this:

  • In Eclipse click “Help” -> “Install New Software…”
  • In “Work With:” choose “Juno – http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno“.
  • Expand “Collaboration” and click the check boxes of the first two items “Eclipse EGit” and “Eglipse EGit Mylin GitHub Feature”.
  • Click “Next” then “Next” again.
  • Accept the terms of the license agreement and click “Finish”.
  • Eclipse will restart and you should not be able to easily search GitHub for projects to check out (via the “Git Repository Exploring” Perspective).

The instructions on the wiki have been updated as well.

ClassNotFound qv – Updated

I think many of you may have come across the following problem when running “install.cmd” in your forge folder:

RetroGuard error: COM.rl.obf.classfile.ClassFileException: ClassNotFound qv

I have a couple of steps to try and fix this issue:

  • Try running “cleanup.bat” inside your forge/mcp/ folder. Then try “decompile.bat” inside the same folder.
  • Try running “startclient.bat” inside of force/mcp/. If this starts Minecraft, try the recipe that is added by the BaseMod (dirt -> dirt). (Make sure you’ve gotten the BaseMod downloaded.) If the BaseMod recipe works, you’re good!

If those don’t work, try looking at the log files in forge/mcp/logs/ folder. Specifically look at “client_compile.log”, “mcperr.log”, and “mcp.log”. If someone can past their logs in a comment here (or better yet on pastebin.com with a link in the comments here) I can take a further look and hopefully get everybody on the same page.

Updated: I started up a virtual machine with Windows on it and was able to reproduce this error myself. I am not sure what it means but I don’t believe it will be a problem for us. We should still be able to load and run our mods.

I created the following screencast to guide you through the entire process of getting the base of your environment set up: